hcron conv" program converts, in both directions, between crontab and hcron.
From cron to hcron
- For each command and the preceding comments of the command of a crontab file are written to individual event files starting a name "0".
- Variables and percent sign handling are ignored.
- The hostname parameter of "
hcron conv" is required in order to fill in the hcron host field.
- Optionally, an email address can be provided using the
The results are in
In many cases, the conversion from crontab to hcron is lossless.
From hcron to cron
- Each event file in a specified directory is used to generate a single crontab entry.
- If the hcron
hostfield is not empty, the command for the new crontab entry is prepended with
- Variables and comments are ignored.
- Optionally, a remote shell other than ssh can be specified using the
The results are in the
If variables are used, conversion from hcron to crontab may not produce useful results or will require a bit of massaging.