hcron-conv program converts, in both directions, between crontab and hcron. See the
hcron-conv man page for more.
From cron to hcron
- for each command and the preceding comments of the command of a crontab file are written to individual event files starting a name "0"
- variables and percent sign handling are ignored
- the hostname parameter of
hcron-convis required in order to fill in the hcron host field
- optionally, an email address can be provided using the
The results are in crontab-conv/.
In many cases, the conversion from crontab to hcron is lossless.
From hcron to cron
- each event file in a specified directory is used to generate a single crontab entry
- if the hcron
hostfield is not empty, the command for the new crontab entry is prepended with
- variables and comments are ignored
- optionally, a remote shell other than ssh can be specified using the
The results are in the crontab.from_hcron file.
If variables are used, conversion from hcron to crontab may not produce useful results or will require a bit of massaging.