hcron - conv" program converts, in both directions, between crontab and hcron. See the
hcron-conv man page for more.
From cron to hcron
- for For each command and the preceding comments of the command of a crontab file are written to individual event files starting a name "0".
- variables Variables and percent sign handling are ignored.
- the The hostname parameter of of "
hcron - convis " is required in order to fill in the hcron host field.
- optionallyOptionally, an email address can be provided using the
crontab -l > crontab.copy mkdir crontab.conv hcron- conv --to-events hcron-server crontab.copy crontab-conv
The results are in crontabin
In many cases, the conversion from crontab to hcron is lossless.
From hcron to cron
- each Each event file in a specified directory is used to generate a single crontab entry.
- if If the hcron
hostfield is not empty, the command for the new crontab entry is prepended with
- variables Variables and comments are ignored.
- optionallyOptionally, a remote shell other than ssh can be specified using the
hcron- conv --to-crontab crontab.from_hcron hcron_dir
The results are in the crontabthe
If variables are used, conversion from hcron to crontab may not produce useful results or will require a bit of massaging.