hcron - conv program converts converts, in both directions, between crontab and hcron. See the
hcron - conv man page help for more.
From cron to hcron
- for each command and the preceding comments of the command of a crontab file are written to individual event files starting a name "0"
- variables and percent sign handling are ignored
- the hostname parameter of
hcron - convis required in order to fill in the hcron host field
- optionally, an email address can be provided using the
crontab -l > crontab.copy mkdir crontab.conv hcron- conv --to-events hcron-server crontab.copy crontab-conv
- each event file in a specified directory is used to generate a single crontab entry
- if the hcron
hostfield is not empty, the command for the new crontab entry is prepended with
- variables and comments are ignored
- optionally, a remote shell other than ssh can be specified using the
hcron- conv --to-crontab crontab.from_hcron hcron_dir